Little Japantown, part 2

Ok, so this next place isn't exactly hidden. But chances are you would walk right past it without notice. I'm talking about Sunrise Mart, the Japanese specialty market located upstairs at 4 Stuyvesant St.


See all these flags hanging? Trying to direct your attention to Sunrise Mart's existence? Well, I must have walked on this street dozens of times and I never saw them until I was specifically looking for Sunrise Mart. I guess New Yorkers really don't look up.


But then ah, the entrance. This is pretty glaring, when you're looking for it. Take the elevator up and you will find a world of Japanese culinary treasures.

Like squid in a bag!


That was the one of the strangest things there, but seriously, they have everything that a normal grocery store would have, except all Japanese. The candy and beer were among the most tempting items for me. I bet some of the beauty products are pretty good too. This would be a great store for a chef who wants to take a crack at conquering authentic Japanese cuisine. Or for anyone with a curious palate!



No comments:

Post a Comment