Prison or paradise?

I recently read somewhere that Joran van der Sloot's jail cell in Peru is 10x8. (If you've been living under a rock and don't know who Joran van der Sloot is click here.) This got me thinking. My bedroom in the EV was 11x8, and I paid $1,183 a month for it. Granted, I wasn't living with criminals and I had all the normal converted 3-bedroom apartment luxuries like a separate kitchen, bathroom and half living room. But reading this bit of info made me feel a little better knowing that my feelings of living in a cell weren't completely unwarranted.

Though this blog is largely an ode to the EV and how great it is, there are certainly some negatives and the cost of living is definitely a big one. Keep this in mind before making a move to this hood. I don't regret it for a minute, because you're only young once! But I couldn't live there today, unless of course I had a few million in the bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment