Moby, can you hear me?

It's time we ventured to Loisaida, don't you think? We're talking Avenue C here people. Which used to be borderline sketchy, but there's so many bars and crowds there now that I don't think it's true anymore. Avenue D is another story. There are a few once-cool, now turned B&T joints on Avenue C. But one of the ones that remains really cool is Moby's live music spot - Nublu.

Nublu is located at 62 Avenue C. Yes, it's a late-night hipster spot. But in an awesome, not annoying way. Moby is the owner after all and he's pretty zen. It is sweaty though. And a little smelly. There's no A/C. There's also no stage for the bands. But there is something very raw about the environment that makes people want to makeout. A lot. Because they do. I've seen it.

There's no real sign outside of Nublu, so just look for this awning thing with the doorman inside. Oh, and I should mention there's always been a $10 cover when I've gone.

[side note] Am I the only one still not over the whole live band/DJ combo thing? Not that it's any kind of new music revelation. But it's still so cool to me everytime I experience it in a small venue like this. This girl pictured here seemed pretty into it too.

So if you like bumping to the beat, or making out in dark, sweaty places, you should check this place out. Maybe Moby will show up and DJ. He's done it before.

No comments:

Post a Comment